Thursday, July 31, 2008

All good things...

Well I've slimmed down my garage. Namely, sold the DR650 and the Bandit that's been in storage for ages. The Bandit I'm glad to finally see go, but the DR650 is another matter. I've hardly touched it since I got the Boulevard. I mean like, I think I've ridden it maybe 5 times since taking ownership of the Boulevard. A cruiser is what I should have gotten in the first place. I just prefer the long, exploratory rides right now. Trips to Yellowstone, rides through the mountains, etc.

Still, I'm a big wistful that I can't hop on the dirtbike any more and take to the forest service roads. In the year that I owned it (well, the 6 months prior to buying the Boulevard) I put some really great miles on it doing some really great rides. (It had 1,994 miles on it when I sold it.) Still, I spend most of my time on the streets now, wandering all over creation. Since I got the C50, I've put over 5,000 miles on it, and I hope to do a lot more before it has to be stored for winter.

In preparation for the "more riding" I've been adding various "farkles" to the C50. Namely, saddlebags (though I'm looking for better ones), highway bars w/pegs, Memphis Fats windshield, GPS mount... I have on order some Mustang seats, fender rails, Jardine passenger backrest, and a solo rack for when I ride alone. (Most of the time.) It's going to be the touring bike I always wanted. I'll post pics when the upgrades are complete. (Should be around mid-August.)

No comments: